CC Boss Battles Returns... again

100 Worgen Rogue
Say what you want, I wanted to give this a swing on the new realm forum. I enjoy seeing what people can come up with for their characters.

Honestly, don't think so much about the why, unless you want it to be relevant to the fight, or maybe the dialogue. Focus on how the fight would go, and PLEASE, don't limit yourself by your character's class! Far too often in these topics people tend to fall into what I like to call the "Class Trap". People focus too much on what class their character is, rather than their personality, and end up writing a boss battle not so much for their character, but for their character's CLASS.

So let's see how creative Cenarion Circle can get! Let round three begin! (and yes, mine is a repeat from the last topic... sue me, I like this one)

Jonathan Harmarth

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/BlazeInferno/JonandBlaze.gif

A former SI:7 agent afflicted by the Worgen Curse, Jonathan Harmarth is a dangerous melee combatant with a variety of deadly skills. The Worgen curse combined with his natural rage to drive him into a berserk fury in combat, pushing him to new heights of frenzied aggression. Players will find themselves ambushed by Jonathan twice before encountering him properly. If engaged on Heroic difficulty, Jonathan will be supported from above by his elderly Great Grandfather, Blazieth Harmarth with a flurry of frost spells.

First Ambush: After a certain early Trash pull, he will make his presence known by launching a wave of throwing knives from above, hitting the group for a single hit dealing moderate damage. He then leaps into the group, inflicting a light, but fairly length bleed to several players before vanishing.

Second Ambush: After another trash pull, closer to where the boss fight is located, he will leap out again, targeting a random player, knocking them to the ground for five seconds, and dealing an extremely large amount of damage - if another player is close enough, they will be knocked down too, and the damage will instead be split between the two. Jonathan will again vanish after this and reappear in his room. Important to note is that Jonathan does NOT appear in his room until both of these events are triggered.

Abilities:

Shadowblink: Teleports to a random target at range, inflicting a moderately painful bleed with a fairly large duration, as well as stunning them for three seconds. Nearby targets are feared briefly. Used occasionally.

Vicious Strike: Used fairly frequently, strikes for moderate to high damage, stacking a bleed, and a small healing debuff.

Twin-claw Swipe: A hard hitting cleave that attacks with both weapons.

Rain of Blades: Channeled ability, uninterruptible. Used occasionally, throws large numbers of throwing knives in all directions, causing periodic AoE Damage, as well as targeted single-target attacks at random targets for moderate-high damage.

Deadaim Throw: Used frequently, throws a knife at a random ranged target, dealing damage and slowing casting, ranged and melee attack speed for a short time.

Frenzied Howl: Cast frequently, interrupts all spell casting within fifteen yards of Jonathan.

Rising Fury: Stacking buff periodically applied to Jonathan. Increases melee attack speed and melee attack damage by a certain amount per stack. (Author's note: Numbers would be so that five stacks of this would be getting into "this is starting to really hurt" territory - not unlike three stacks of inhale Blight on Festergut)

Fatal Pounce: If otherwise unoccupied, and there is a raid member below 15% of their total health, Jonathan will leap at them, and deal a very large amount of damage. If the target dies, Jonathan regains a very large amount of health. (Author's note: Damage is dealt after the leap, giving time for immunity effects like Divine Shield, Ice Block, or Hand of Protection.)

Killing Spree: Used shortly after reaching five stacks of Rising Fury. Consumes the stacks, and Jonathan proceeds to teleport to a number raid members at random, dealing a large amount of damage to each (not one-shot large, however). (Author's Note: Rising Fury would stack at a speed so that this ability would go off about 3-4 times before hitting the Hard Enrage timer)

Berserker Rage: Increases Jonathan's Melee damage by 500%, attack speed by 150%, and movement speed by 200%. (Author's note: Standard Hard enrage. Also see the note on Killing Spree regarding the timer.)

*** Heroic Mode + Dialogue in the next post because Character limits suck ***
100 Worgen Rogue
HEROIC MODE:

Blazieth Harmarth is present, but untargettable above the battle on a magic carpet.

Blazieth's Abilities:

Frostbolt: Blazieth's basic attack. Cast on random raid members. Slows movement speed, and deals moderate damage.

Blizzard: Cast semi frequently. Deals area of effect damage in a large area for the duration, slowing movement speed.

Focusing Presence: Blazieth's presence helps to calm Jonathan, and keep him focused, and less reckless. Adds the "Focused Calm" buff to Jonathan, reducing incoming damage. Stacking buff - Focused Calm starts at five stacks. Each stack of Rising Fury reduces Focused Calm by one stack. Focused Calm is reapplied when Rising Fury is removed.

Dialogue:

First Ambush: "If you're looking for trouble, you're heading in the right direction - got a present for you!"

Second Ambush: "You just don't GET it, do you? Consider this a not-so-subtle warning!"

Aggro: "I'm gonna tear you to bloody shreds!"
"You have NO idea who you're dealing with!"
"You're gonna learn to FEAR the Harmarth name!"

Rain of Blades: "Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide!"
"I'll nail you all to the walls!"

Killing Spree: "Now it's MY turn!"
"You want the best, you got the best - Here we go!"
"Let's take things up a notch!"

Killing Blow: "Next time, don't get in my way!"
"And stay down!"
"Just keep lyin' down, pal, maybe I'll forget about you."
"Alright, who's next?!"

Death: "No! I can't... Tohrru... I'm sorry..."

Berserker Rage: "I'm THROUGH playing around with you clowns - time to finish you off!"
"No more holding back, I'm putting an end to this here and now!"

Blazieth Dialogue (heroic only):

Aggro: "Stay Focused, Jonathan. Don't lose your cool!"

After Killing Spree: "Jonathan, calm yourself! You're being reckless!"
"Jonathan! Calm down before you get yourself killed!"

Blizzard: "I'll call the cold fury of the North down on your skulls!"

"An old favorite of mine - a hail of ice and snow to freeze you to the ground!"

Jonathan Dies: "Jonathan, NO!!! ...You... you will pay in blood for what you've done here this day, you monsters... you have not seen the last of me."
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]