Greetings everyone. I seem to be back at the start of learning how to rp once again. It has been some years since I'd rp'ed with anyone or a group. Thanks to google and several insights on the rp forums. I feel I am back on my way of refreshment courses. Hoping to apply what I have been learning back into action.

I thought I share an opinion on my insight of my learning that seems to help me. Keep in mind this is just an opinion.

I found at times it a little easier to put a bit of you into the outline of character and/or action. In the sense of visualization, I am my character and let my creativity soar a bit with focus to where I am going.

For those that feel they don't have single creativity or since of imagination; everyone has some form. It is just lock away in you mind and you draw a blank, feeling lost in what to do. Some just walk away, give up and feel it is not right for them. I used to think that way a lot. Just ask yourself what part of you is creative? Music, drawing, writing, etc. It is okay to put that part of creativity into your character. If it is music, for example, you can turn them into a singer and they use their singing for spells, kind of like a bard.

Inspiration seems to help in creating and actually assisting to development as to whom you rp'ing with. I know at times a feeling of: the lack of quality isn't there. There will be a time where you get people or a person who will rp all the wrong ways.

Example: player "A" reads your history and enjoys what your history says about your character. They give an introduction to you as they approach you. Then player "A" starts putting your history into an action and/or statement of the roleplay. They have just met your character for the first time ever and it is their first time ever hearing of you. For most it can ruin the magic, especially it happens on normal bases. It eventually it can drive you away. I have been there. It had at one time reached a point I am sick of rp and I won't ever come back to it, but I managed to find myself a way back some time down the line because there is quality out there. Just need to find it.

Once you find that good group people do roleplays with, stick with them, because keep in mind they can be what keeps you going back. If they leave and don't do rp anymore; if a story hasn't been created to their character leaving or dying off, make one yourself. On a side tip, don't kill off their character, they might come back, you'll never know. You don't have to leave if you don't want to because they had left; if you look onward, I am sure you find others and make new friends to rp with. It will give your character one adventure maybe you set off to find what has happened to them and leads you on different path all together,with the still thought, what is your character doing here? Why would they venture from one goal to be set to another. Is that other goal still on your focus? I am just giving one idea as to of many of out there.

So, this is my insight on my steps to re-learning. Hope it was an okay tip/advice. I will like to state a few last things. Do not let a bad reputation steer you away from actually playing that race and/or class. Odds are there are people out there that will look past it and give you a chance. Listen to feedback from others, not everyone is a jerk and they offer tips to assist you. You don't always have to agree to their advice but at least hear them out. Also "Do Not Be a Jerk."
Edited by Zinnya on 1/12/2016 6:32 AM PST