Whatever happened to the guild Cheshire Cats?

90 Orc Hunter
First of all, I would like to apologize if I am searching in the wrong place for this and am wasting anyone's time. My intentions for making this thread is for my own investigative research, and not to cause any drama, ill feelings, or flaming to come to these forums, or people involved with the guild itself.

My reason for asking where/what happened to this guild is due to my desire to get back into the RP scene, and I was thinking back to previous guilds I knew about or was a part of back on Feathermoon. I remember the Cheshire Cats to advertise a "Heavy" form of RP so I decided to look them up. From what I have found, they transferred here onto Horde-side. After looking for them in game and in the guild directory, I found that they only have a handful of inactive members in it.

So right now, I am at a loss for where to search. While finding this guild (or previous members of it) is not some sort of earth-shattering dilemma, I cannot resist the urge to at least cast out a lure to find out what I could.

I thank you for reading this, and any information you have will be appreciated. If you want to contact me, either here, or ingame. If you wish to contact me in game, feel free to add my battletag (Tosey#1924).
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Druid
They were here for a very long time as Alliance. When they split up and part went Hordeside is around the same time I left the server a while back. I'm not sure what's happened to the core group since then. Once in a blue moon I'll see a former member post, but that's been a while, too, as the forums are pretty much dead.

Good luck in your search.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I played in the Cats a long while ago. <..Main is Grimun, I recently transferred that toon to another server to raid more when WoD releases. As for other members of the Cats that stayed Allyside after the split have moved to WrA. I think only Miradollia and I stayed on SoE for a very long time after the big split. But who knows who plays behind toons.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Funny you should ask. I was just wondering the same today.. for no reason whatsoever. So, they went Horde, did they? All very interesting what I'm reading. Musti left them when they moved from Feathermoon to Sisters of Elune. I just had too many other ties at FM that I didn't want to abandon. I've lost contact to just about everyone in the guild. I see Ganemeede online on FM now and then, but don't think he's particularly active anymore either. Hope you find some of the others. I wonder sometimes if Eowithiel, Elenie, Ayia, or some of the others are still around somewhere.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Eow quit the guild shortly after I joined in 2007. A lot of people left the guild at that time and formed a guild True Sanctuary (Now Defunct) I don't really remember the other two names. I miss the guild
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Thank you all for your answers, unfortunately I am no closer to figuring out where they have all vanished off to - other than you folks talking.

And to answer your question, Mustikka, I know for certain that Ayia is still around (seeing that I used to play her :P).

As for my search for the Cheshire Cats, I think that it's safe to say that they just quit, as their website is even down, so I cannot check to see when the last post was, or if they mentioned what happened to them.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I talked to the player of Kat recently and she hasn't played in a few years. As for other members again the ones I know of went to WrA. Sorry couldn't help ya out
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Most of us who went to True Sanctuary moved to WrA, and Moonguard. (I have the True Sanctuary guild still on SoE) Shinsay plays off and on, as did Saitou. I am not sure about Kraito, but Tsich still plays and is on SoE sometimes.

I haven't talked with X, Eow, Sonechka or Kat in years. Last I knew they all quit playing, though it would be great to get everyone together for a ten year bash! :)
Edited by Elsa on 9/1/2014 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It was always a nice encounter seeing a cat. Woe is me with a sudden nostalgia trip.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Funny you should ask that. And yes, I am rezing a necro thread.

I'm still around, the handful of inactives are maint. characters of mine and Kat, Tallia is still there as well. Sort of lost the wow bug for a few years, especially with Mists *glaring at YOU Blizzard* but with WoD I can say at least the old leadership is coming back. Both of us... maybe.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Oh, the main website is still in maint. mode, but keep checking, we're working on it, and updating it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Old man X.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
COME BACK KITTY KAT!! LEAD GUILD YES!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Kat's back and I'm back! Still working on the site though.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
The Cheshire Cats are some of the best RPs, I have yet to find better. It makes me sad about a split. I'm horrible at RP myself but the whole guild was awesome and patient when me and my wife joined (Sorucha and Orluu). Best of luck to you all.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I had to take a long break from the game years back when I was apart of the guild, real life hit hard. I had returned for a short time prior to it breaking on Alliance side.

I haven't RP'ed in forever and now that I know they're Horde side, I may return to the Sisters server... I don't have a ton of time to RP, but it was the most fun I've had in a game.

Apologies, I was Incarna, the depraved shadow priest and later Sothris, the sadistic death knight.
Edited by Athedima on 2/28/2015 8:20 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]