(Done!)Notes from Brookslandia: Connections

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Another entry. Written in a tidy hand, the translated paragraph points to the one directly above it.

"The cipher you've used before is simple, but perhaps that is your intent? To make someone work for something leaves more of an impression, so I commend you. I must ask, however, what is it you mean to say? Be careful, as the message may get lost in the game."

Below, another paragraph of letters has been jotted down, less tidy, as if the writer were in a hurry:

Gcmxclywncih: Nby uwn iz xcmnluwncha; xluqcha migyihy'm unnyhncih uqus zlig migynbcha.

Vgf'l hgfvwj lzw hmrrdwk, lzgkw sjw lzw gtnagmk. Hgfvwj lzw ujwslgj. Ozwjw sjw qgm?

Far from Dalaran, indeed far from anywhere, the book sat heavily, its presence almost an accusation. It lay there, quietly gathering dust as charred ashes and soot blew around and between the ruined remains of the small village, the ghosts of inhabitants past choosing to ignore the small tome. Indeed, the caretakers from the Violet Eye didn't seem to notice it either, though it lay, clear as day.

On the front steps of Medivh's tower.

Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
March 13th,

I am everywhere, and I am nowhere. I am caught between life and death. I am both, yet I am neither.

I do not belong on Azeroth. Yet, I am a part of the very threads that bind our world together.

For me, everything is backwards.

A pulse. Beating at the heart of our world. Of our worlds. Can you feel it?

I can feel it.

Wl MLG ovzev nb yllp sviv ztzrm. Rg'h mlg bvg grnv.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The dry, warm winds that pushed over the walls of Gadgetzan rifled the pages of the tome. Slender fingers of her left hand moved to still them, while the ones of her right pushed back a sheet of blond and tucked it behind her ear. Eyes narrowed, one squeezing a monocle into place, she set the quill's nib to the next blank page.

I'll use no code, as there is no sense to keep this from others. What you've referenced here, actually, already surrounds us all.

Arcanists - and this would mean to include all pure forms of such a title, be it mage, warlock, or necromancer - would know of these things by study. As well, those of Light would be acquainted, too.

Moreover, all who breathe would feel it.

From what I know, given my study of inscribing (though not to be confused with my work as a scribe, as the two are different), I know that, much akin to the very clothes we wear, there is a commonality to this all. To it all.

What you seek can be found, but the hunt can blind your path.

The only walls that truly exist are the ones we create. Undo them by reaching past. What you want is all around you. What is desired lives within and without.

Cordially,
    -G. Shinestrong

PS - I'd recognize your handwriting anywhere, Aunt Bee. Stop being such a Negative Ninny.
    PPS - Charrie, I do hope things are well.
    PPPS - Aunt Bee, please don't be cross about the "Negative Ninny" comment.

She left the tome in the Tanaris inn, a prim pat given to the cover as she turned to depart. A tiny smile lit her lips as she felt the small surge upon contact.
Edited by Genarianna on 3/13/2011 5:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The book remains in the inn of Gadgetzan.

March 13th,

Do you wish to help? To know who I am? To know what my plan is?

Then take my book to these places:

Zul'Gurub.
Moonglade.
The Sunwell.
Ahn'Qiraj.
The Nexus.

In that order. The book will do what's needed, it simply needs help getting there.

Then we can talk.

Gur Nyyvnapr naq gur Ubeqr ner gjb cngurgvp betnavmngvbaf. Qba'g gurl haqrefgnaq? Gbtrgure jr fgnaq, ohg qvivqrq jr snyy.

V jvyy sbepr gurz gb jbex gbtrgure.

Gur rirag qenjf arne.

Oh, and one more thing. A different person has to carry the book to each location.

I'll be watching.
Edited by Jay on 3/13/2011 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
03/13/2011 12:51 AMPosted by Jay
Wl MLG ovzev nb yllp sviv ztzrm. Rg'h mlg bvg grnv.

Pale lips curved in a faint grin, a low chuckle barely contained as fingers traced the letters. She read on, an eyebrow lifting at the lack of code, a faint shake of the head as her eyes scanned the entry after.

The next, however ... the next was intriguing. Green eyes narrowed briefly as the list of locations was read, and narrowed further at the code beneath it, a faint sound of disgust made as she hastily wrote a reply:

V nz arvgure, bhgfvqr bs nyy, naq tb jurer gur jvaqf gnxr zr.

Lbh vagrerfg zr.

Ybhe guveq ybpngvba vf n cbgragvnyyl qvfnfgebhf vqrn. Ohg lbh jbhyqa'g haqrefgnaq. Abobql qbrf, ng guvf ubhe. Gurl jvyy, bu gurl jvyy, va gvzr...

It wasn't that the book was particularly fancy, it wasn't that it would fetch any coin -- and doubtless, given the opportunity to sell, nobody would bother taking the thing. No, it was the fact that the damnable tome kept popping up wherever she happened to be. Shattrath, and she dumped the thing in Dalaran. Out of idle curiosity, she tossed the tome in the Exodar -- and the infernal thing had made its way back to Dalaran again. This time, she was in Gadgetzan on an unrelated errand to pick up Noggenfogger and happened across the damn tome again, even though she'd left it on the steps of Karazhan.

The purpose of the book, the purpose of the locations -- it made very, very little sense at the moment, particularly as she wasn't magically inclined, however she couldn't deny the thing was interesting, which was the only thing that kept her writing in it.

After giving one more look to the locations, her eyes lit on the last and she nodded to no one in particular, closing the book and leaving it there at the Inn, for whoever might happen upon it and take it to its requested first location, a final note left under the last bit of coded text:

R hszoo gzpv nb kozxv zg gsv vmw lu gsv xszrm, ru gsv yllp wvvnh rg hl zmw rg hfierevh gsv gsriw.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
She watched as The Walker paced from her, Jay's body moving towards the steps at what would have been an alarming pace had she not known magics could assist in doing such. He'd handed it to her, the tome, and it sat upon her lap now, heavier than what simple physical weight carries.

There she remained, thumbing back through pages and pages regarding sweet rolls and whales, furrowing as she eyed dead bugs and odd drawings that looked like misshapen black dragonhawks. The ley line information came next, all the scrawls and doodles regarding the connections that people certainly felt, even if they didn't necessarily see it. All the interwoven powers that aided in everything from simple imbues to guarding homelands.

Her eyes blinked to focus as she noted her niece's looped script, the retired Knight's lips tugging downward at the edges at the word "Ninny". She rolled her eyes, heaved a sigh, and read the final two passages.

"And now... what to say?" she thought. A reach into the depths of her enchanted satchel produced a quill, and ink flowed to the page in a steady hand.

Regardless of word or deed... regardless of wealth or influence... regardless of what you have done prior or might do tomorrow... in spite of mistakes made and without celebration of great triumphs, we are bound.

Even though we would gladly spill blood onto the soil of this world, we all must share a home on it. It gives us our foundation, provides us our sustenance, and beckons us to travel it to discover not only it, but who we really are. It, much like the magics referenced in this book, connects us, even when we fight those threads that hold us close. Even if, intentionally or not, we seek to undo them.

There is method in all this book contains. Even if you fear it, embrace it. It might stop our undoing.

She rose soundlessly, letting her robes shift into place before heading to change for travel.

The book was left in the inn, on a table, sitting in plain sight of anyone that wandered that way while in Booty Bay. Upon it was left a note card, the following written in both Common and Orcish:

READ. LEARN. GO.
    THE LIST IS MADE.
    EMBRACE THE TIES THAT BIND.
Reply Quote
29 Blood Elf Paladin
March 15th,

Oh, now this is just absolutely rich.

"Embrace the ties that bind?"

I recognize this book. What exactly does this deranged excuse for a member of the Horde think he can accomplish? Bringing us together? Or does he think he can get us to do his work for him?

This is pathetic. Silvermoon's leaders should have let this sack of *%#* rot in the cell I made just for him. Cut him off from his precious bonds that he adores so much. Cut him off from his friend. His acquaintances. His precious ley lines.

The ley lines exist only to serve the elves. They're ours to use.

I'll find him. I'll find the Ley Walker. I'll find "Walker."

I'll find Jay.

And this time he won't get away.

- The original signature of "Alcander Dawnmarch" has been scratched through

- Alcander Duskweave
Edited by Alcander on 3/14/2011 10:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
A multitude of arrows point from this post to the one above it.

March 15th,

HE HAS APPEARED.

MORE WILL COME.

THE TIME DRAWS CLOSER.

THE EVENT IS NEAR.

WORK QUICKLY, OR OUR CHANCE WILL SOON BE GONE.

- Jay Brooks
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
He'd been there when The Walker had given the tome to Bella. The fact that she'd seemed almost scared to have it bothered him. So when she laid it on the bench between them, telling him someone had to take it, he was hesitant to touch the book. It was the first time he'd seen the thing, but it had a presence all its own. If his attention hadn't been forced to it he was sure it would have drawn him in all the same. Bella had told him what she knew about it, but stressed the need for him to read the book before he carried out his instructions. Take it to Zul'Gurub, and make sure no one else got their hands on it.

He sat on the bench in Silvermoon for quite a while reading through the pages, learning what he could from it. He lingered over the studies of the plagues the longest, hoping against hope he might find something to help him lay his own personal demons to rest in those pages. The more he read, the more he was sure there was something he was missing, something he had to know.

He sighed heavily, placing the book into its own bag, slinging it over his shoulder and walking out of the Bazaar towards The Court of the Sun. It would be a long ride to the other end of the continent.

He spent the better part of a day sitting outside the zeppelin tower outside of Brill and another two days in flight. The whole time he was constantly going over the book, reading over every detail, looking for something he could use. Thats when he found it. The maps of the ley lines. One of the lines in Northrend had been shattered by the Blue Dragonflight in an attempt to draw power away from the mortal magic users. He smiled to himself, reaching over and patting his Hawkstrider's head. "I'd say we've found what I was looking for." Surely with that much raw power he'd be able to perform his task easily.

It was raining as the zeppelin docked in Grom'gol. Pulling his cloak tightly about him, he slipped the tome into its bag, stowing it to keep it dry. The leather harness he used for riding creaked as he pulled himself up onto his Hawkstrider. A short ride later he found himself within the walls of Zul'Gurub. He found a dry spot beneath some of the foliage of the jungle and sat down, scratching out a quick note into the tome.

"Tell Bella I found a way."

He frowned as he pushed the tome back into its bag, leaving it under the tree for the next person to find. He walked back to where he'd tethered his Hawkstrider, gently patting its head as he pulled himself onto its back. "I told her I had a bad feeling about this. Somethings just never change."
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
March 15th,

ONE IS COMPLETED.

ONLY FOUR REMAIN.

I WILL WALK AMONGST THE STARS.

- Jay Brooks
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
The baroness sighed as she made her way through the jungles of Stranglethorn Vale upon the reanimated raptor. She tossed her hair behind her shoulder as the bones carried her through the gates of Zul'Gurub.

"Now where did he put that damn book," she spoke aloud, not having much of a clue as to where to behind looking in the Gurabashi ruins. Dismounting, she made her way deeper and deeper into the lush vale. Finally her eyes settled upon a weathered tote, "He didn't even try to hide it," she chuckled. "Though I suppose looking for it wasn't going to make me happier."

As she knelt down in the mass of fine cloth that hugged her form, she clutched the book bag to her, tossing the strap over her free shoulder as she headed back to the undead raptor, remounting upon its form. Giving a strangled screech, the raptor took off and they headed out of the ruins as fast as possible.

"Where to begin," she announced to everyone and no one as the enchanted cerulean carpet carried her over Ashenvale toward the book's next destination. She had began thumbing through it, reading over the last entry made by the acquaintance. Though half the entries evaded her foresight, she was intrigued overall by the collection. Without much more hesitation, she removed a quill from her own satchel.

I barely knew you.

The first time I saw you, there was something that was just.. so familiar. Familiar in the best way.

Like we shared something.. like we had a secret.

I just wanted to know you. I didn't know why, I just.. did.

The writing came to a complete stop as she peered at it, as if making this important. During her pause the carpet hit an air pocket, Ellorah's finely manicured hands losing grip on the book as it fell into the decimated trees of Felwood.

"You've got to be kidding." She simply stared as the carpet halted. Using her wand, she directed it downward in a spiral around where she might have guessed it landed. Both she and the cloth made it to the land safely as she dismounted the awaiting vehicle, hiking up her robes.

"You've really done it this time, Elly. Really, rea--" She stopped as she spotted it. The intricate binding was splayed out as it had landed upon one of the pages, the very edge having touched a slime pool. Hobbling over to it, she removed the precious book and examined it, making sure the words were intact.

"That's a miracle, only the top left corners managed to be damaged." Removing a handkerchief from her person, she wiped down as much of the fel green ooze as she could, the damage barely noticeable.

Sitting right where it had landed, she removed the quill once more to finish her inscription.

We swore to the death, but it was never good enough for you. You made me your weapon of destruction, of decimation and gore. I sought what was insurmountable, and cured it. You wanted torture, they received it.

You then became a bigger threat to yourself. Foolish.

The only thing real is illusion and the only thing that stays the same is change.

- The Blightcaller

Blowing upon the ink, she waited for it to dry as she began to walk back to the magic carpet. As she sat upon it once more, she waved her wand to take off toward the next appointed destination, tucking the book back into its rightful bag. Taking greater altitude, the demonologist soared above Felwood unto the book's destination.

The Moonglade. The aquamarine hue of the area always seemed to calm her, though now she had wondered of where precisely to leave Brookslandia. Then she spotted it.

An open area between the dens and the flight path were a pair of bridges. Choosing the closest tot he flight path, she landed upon it, hanging the bag upon one of the posts that held it together.

"That ought to be easy to find," she nodded, pleased with her selection.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
March 16th,

TWO ARE COMPLETED.

THREE REMAIN.

THE GREAT DARK BEYOND WILL BECOME MY HOME.

- Jay Brooks

Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The runes on the spine of the book have begun to glow in a faint light. The light rises and falls weakly, like a pulse.

March 19th,

Why are you not hurrying?

With every hour, they draw nearer. With every hour, we grow closer to missing our chance.

I've helped you, all of you, in ways you may never understand.

But now is your time to help me.

Help me show them that they were wrong. That all of them were wrong. That all of you were wron

The end of the n trails off into a long line that quickly fades away.

HELP ME PROVE THAT THEY WERE WRONG.

ONLY THREE REMAIN.

HURRY.

- Jay Brooks
Edited by Jay on 3/19/2011 12:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Druid
"What's this?"

The young druidess removed the bag from its post, its weight hanging heavy in her hands. Its contents seemed to shift, as if whatever inside could not be contained for much longer. She opened the bag and withdrew the book. Curiosity getting the better of her (as it always did), Daimhin slowly began to read.

So many funny, cryptic and downright strange quips and exchanges! The kaldorei felt compelled to make her own mark, standing still for several moments while she thought and thought about what to say. This book did not belong to her. She only recognized a bare handful of names. And yet ...

WRITE.

Quill found hand and on the next empty page, the words were written:

"The world is filled with suffering, but it is also filled with the overcoming of it."

Directions were clear. The Sunwell. Followed by Ahn'Qiraj and the Nexus.

Daimhin traveled to the isle. And while she'd performed her duties for the Offensive and they extended a measured respect for her presence, the increased presence of blood elf wardens and even the sight of high elf pilgrims made her feel uneasy.

Determined, the druidess waved down one such pilgrim. "I have a strange request - please, hear me out."

While she talked, the pilgrim studied the book, occasionally glancing in the direction of the plateau. Eventually, Daimhin offered a deep bow, which the pilgrim returned.

In this way, the book made it to the Sunwell, housed in its bag and placed near a collection of belongings, but separate enough so that someone - someone - might notice it and look. Open. Read. Think. And help deliver it to its next destination.

And while this was being done, Daimhin went to the isle's inn and sat at an outside table, which offered a grand view of the harbor. It wasn't too long ago that the isle had been under siege. All of the work that she'd assisted with was still fresh in her mind.

So much had changed. So much had changed ...

"It continues to change. Everything changes, whether we want it to or not."

On the table was a piece of parchment. In her pale blue-gray hand was the quill. Daimhin smiled. This felt right. Hand began to move, slowly and deliberately spelling out a name, then more letters to form the words:

"I am writing you just now to apologize. I ask that you find it in your heart to forgive me ..."
Edited by Daimhin on 3/19/2011 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The runes' pulse has grown stronger. Steadier. More rhythmic. The book lies where it was last left, waiting.

March 19th,

That's three.

There is a crude map of Azeroth drawn here. On it, five corners of Azeroth are marked: Zul'Gurub, Moonglade, The Sunwell, Ahn'Qiraj and The Nexus, with a check beside the first three.

Why do you think there have been grand civilizations at these corners of our planet? Was it their skill? Dedication? Willpower? Their desire to better themselves as a people? Maybe it was their thirst for blood. Power. The need to be on top.

I don't think so. I believe these civilizations, these groups of people that lived at these places, were simply at the right spot. I'm not sure if they lucked into it, or if by some primal need we are drawn to these locations, but I believe that they were simply at the right place. I believe, from my research, that here, at these five points, are major ley line nexuses.

I believe that these grand civilizations that lasted for decades, whose remains we can see today, succeeded only because of their place in the world. Throughout all of their years, they never even realized that they were connected to the other civilizations by threads unseen.

Sometimes these civilizations fought, and they never knew. They never knew that the only reason they were fighting was because they were helped by forces they probably didn't know even existed.

But if they were all birthed and helped by the same forces, why did some survive while others fell? Zul'Gurub is a shadow of what it once was, while the Night Elves are thriving. They fought, and they recovered. In time, some civilizations continued. Others fell.

Every good story must have an ending, as they say.

But why do some civilizations live on? Is this proof that we, as beings, can somehow overcome powerful forces such as a fated end and make our own destiny?

I pose the same question to you.

Will you act?

Will you combat forces unseen?

Will you throw off your lethargy and take this book to its next destination?

Will you help me make history?

Only two remain.

Don't waste any more time.

This story's end is growing closer.

- Jay Brooks
Edited by Jay on 3/19/2011 10:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Priest
Grommet Cogswaddle drifted down to the mailbox outside the Blue Recluse. Among the chatty letters from former patients was a plain envelope whose outside was stained with the spidery traces of "tattle tale" reed from an improperly opened seal.

Grommet checked the seal, whoever had opened the letter had done an excellent job of replacing the wax with an exact duplicate of her Uncle's seal. She started to look nervously around and then remembered one of her earliest lessons from her covert ops trainer. When you know your're being watched is when you need to act the most normal.

Grommet willed herself back up the ramp into the Blue Recluse, taking a table where she could see the front entrances. She allowed herself to read through a couple of the thank you letters, cheery updates on the progress of the babies she'd recently delivered. None of her patients had ever understood that she had no interest in their babies after they were safely delivered, so she'd stopped telling them. She sighed, and seeing no one particularly interested in a tired looking Gnome, broke open the letter from her Uncle.

"Dearest Sprocket Baby,"

Grommet grimaced but quickly brought her expression under control. Her Uncle never called her that unless he was about to do something dangerous, or foolish, or both.

"As you know, Mr. Threadneedle and I have been tracing out the Ley Lines as laid out in the Brookslandia Book we told you about. A chess experiment of sorts, hoping Mr. Threadneedle would perhaps be inspired to greater ability based on his connection with the arcane and the nearness of great power. Sadly, that experiment has been inconclusive. (I still win 9.4 of 10 games.)

It would seem that we are not the only ones. Upon the conclusion of our games at the Sunwell, we spotted the book I have described earlier. It was much worse for wear, and there were many more entries, along with a palpable feeling of frustration mixed with a hint of desperation. I do not trust the Jay Brooks fellow. But Met (scratched out) Mr. Threadneedle seems to feel some sort of kinship with his plight.

Mr. Threadneedle feels the need to escort the work on its next leg of its journey, after making yet more repairs to the binding. To be honest, it is fascinating watching him ply two needles with hands that are mostly clawed bone. He worked from Karl's back the whole flight across the continent. I don't know how he does it.

I suggested that since Mr Threadneedle had carried the book most of the way, that perhaps we could wait and I would take it to it's next stop. On further contemplation, we decided that might violate the intent of the rite. However, we plan on making our way ahead of the book, as we have another series of chess matches to play for our experiment anyway.

We intend to leave the work just inside the entrance to the ruins. I have to cut this short, we are being shadowed.

Keep 'em spinning counter clockwise,
Uncle Axelpyre"

Grommet rubbed the small drawing under the signature, smudging it a little, the scent of Liar's Wort drifted up from the page. Whoever had read the letter hadn't rubbed the drawing.

Which meant that they didn't know that two arch mages were still at the ruins. Waiting.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
If anyone were to be watching the journal with the even stronger pulsing runes as it rested in the ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, it may be quite a shock to them when the journal disappeared for several minutes, only to reappear in the same spot with a new entry.

March 23rd,

One more. Hurry.

They near my destination, convinced they will beat me. They do not know I am already here. Waiting.

I want to take the time to teach you, the reader, at least one more thing:

Everything is connected.

Do you not believe me?

Below is an intricate diagram of the ley lines of Azeroth. The diagram contains the thick, powerful, main lines of arcane energy to the miniature threads that create spiderwebs underneath the world.

Everything in our world is in some way connected to eachother.This includes every living, or unliving, being on this planet, much like the ley lines beneath our feet. Regardless of the how, we are all connected. From the shared gift of life or consciousness, to the bonds between the members of the Alliance of the Horde, or even the shared bond of those who have picked up this book.

Yes. Even this book connects all of you. I didn't misplace it. That's not why it sat upon a table in Orgrimmar. I left it there to attempt to teach all of you something that you keep forgetting. We share this world. We can't afford to forget that. It will divide us, and it will kill us. We are the people of Azeroth.

Even without knowing the reasoning behind this book or my request, many of you still helped. This book has been carried to the corners of the world, attuning it to the ley line nexuses there. But why? A simple desire to help those in need? Or curiosity? A drive from the threads that connect us all?

It doesn't matter. It's something to figure out at a later time. What does matter is that you did it. And please, continue to. We're almost done. Just one more nexus and I can prove all of them wrong. I can prove the magisters in Dalaran wrong. I can prove The Six wrong.

Or at least I can try. And that makes all the difference in the world.

- Jay Brooks.

P.S. When they get here, I suspect they'll ask me: "We defended her. You fought us. What would you have done if you had ever caught her for yourself?"

I'll chuckle. I'll find it laughable that this is what the chase all started from. They're simply upset about events that happened a year ago.

"Why, I wouldn't have done anything to her. But I would have killed you."

I know you're curious as to what am I talking about. Do you want to know?

Memory is the key.

Look near the front of the book.
Edited by Jay on 3/23/2011 4:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
She flipped through the last few pages, frowning with confusion at the last page. Ley lines, mages, Dalaran, the "Six" -- whatever that was. It made no difference to her one way or another.

Magic was just another random cause in Azeroth.

Fortunately, random causes were something she was intimately familiar with. She flipped through the oddly glowing, pulsing book one more time before placing it in a thick bag, taking care to insure none of the runework was glowing through the fabric, and stood, squinting in the sand and dust of the desert ruins.

There had been a war here, long ago. Or so she was told. It was before the sin'dorei's time, before they had reached their hand out in desperation to the Horde. Some day, she made a mental note to herself, she should return. As it was, the graveyard of the Old God held little interest at this precise moment. She left, the footsteps trailing behind her quickly vanishing in a whirlwind of dust and sand.

----

Later -- much, much later, a leather-clad foot stepped off the giant zeppelins that were commissioned for the war effort in Northrend so long ago. The hold of metal and steel greeted her with cold efficiency, just as it had her first day in Northrend -- she hadn't ever really considered that this hold, large and foreboding much like its former warlord resident, would become the basis of all that Orgrimmar was now. No matter. The orc guarding the zeppelin port eyed her with frank mistrust, a look which she ignored entirely as she headed down the great ramps to the lower level.

Minutes later, she was squinting against the cold, bitter winds of Coldarra, her destination clearly in sight. She pondered for a moment where to take the tome, and settled on the Eye. Magic he wanted ... magic he'd get, as the lair of the former Aspect was reeking with the stuff. The rest of the world disappeared in a display of stars, endlessly turning about her, the solitary platform the only evidence of its former tenant's power. As the floor glittered and glowed, she removed the book from her bag, frowned at it a moment more, then set it unceremoniously in the center of the platform.

There. Done. Whatever would happen, would happen now. The ramblings in the book indicated strong emphasis on Azeroth's survival, so it was unlikely participating in this odd goose chase would result in unpleasantness.

She pondered for a moment, staring at the book through narrowed eyes and wondering just what, exactly, the thing was supposed to do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Moments after the book found its place in the center of the platform, the runes began to glow stronger than they ever had before, flashing in a steady, even pulse.

It waited, for just a few moments.

And then the book vanished.
Edited by Jay on 3/23/2011 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Meanwhile, back in Karazhan...

“You're out of your jurisdiction, boys.”

Alcander and Alanos Duskweave paused in shock as they stepped out of the door and onto the open roof of Karazhan. Jay stood across the way, clad in his usual elaborate, ash-covered robes and hood, Notes from Brookslandia open in his hands.

“It's quite interesting, you know. How popular this journal is. The two times I've left it out, it's been quite a success. Numerous people write in it, and this time they even did exactly as I requested. No questions. No qualms. Just obedience. Maybe it was the false deadline I kept pushing. The only 'deadline' was the arrival of you two, and you're no threat.”

The elves took their chance as he shrugged. Alcander drew his axe, charging the Forsaken. Alanos did much of the same, raising his open palm and quickly beginning to channel a spell toward Jay.

Jay scowled beneath his mask, closing the book. The runes carved along its spine glowed brightly for a moment and with a wave of his hand, Jay froze the two attacking elves in place. The runes only glowed stronger as he continued, each wave of his hand adding another layer of ice onto the each of the elves, freezing them from shoulder to foot.

“Oh, I am just so glad the Duskweave brothers are back together.” Jay laughed openly behind his mask. “That's right. Lectril's below us. Not that it matters, as you both seemed to have missed him somewhere in the labyrinth of staircases down in the Master's Library where he was studying. Or rather, I should say, back in Karazhan.”

The corpse laughed again, staring at the Blood Knight. “I'm just glad this part of the plan worked. I'm sure Lectril would be pleased. A small taste of revenge on the family that chases him relentlessly after he attempted to put them behind. I was wondering if you'd come out of the hole you ran into in shame after we were set free.”

Alcander attempted to shout something, but his words never had the chance to become coherent. Jay silenced him in an instant. After a particularly ugly glare, Alanos suffered the same fate.

“Idiots. You cannot win. You're both too young and inexperienced as fighters. It's why you failed the first time you pursued me. It's why you've failed again. Don't you two understand? I am a ley walker. This is my domain. Every ley line comes back here. And this?”

He raised Notes from Brookslandia in the air, tapping it with a skeletal finger.

“Every line I've made through this comes back to it as well. Every bond, every friendship, every connection, it all comes back through this to me, strengthening me. The other reason I had them take this book to those five nexuses? I was getting it attuned to this world and its power through them.”

“Most people don't understand the threads that bind us. They don't think about them. They think of themselves as a member of the Horde or the Alliance, a Tauren or a Dwarf, an arcanist or a paladin. They don't think of us as a whole. As a group. As a planet. We aren't just all of those things I named. We're the denizens of Azeroth. Too many people forget that.”
Edited by Jay on 3/23/2011 7:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]