10th Armistice Day Ball 11/1/15 [RP A/H]

100 Gnome Priest

The Anytime, Anywhere Messenger Service
is pleased to invite all its clients to the

10th Annual Armistice Day Ball

We ask you to join us for a yearly commemoration of the Battle of Mt. Hyjal to honor how all of Azeroth came together to work for a common cause.

This year’s speech will be given by Kezrin Kanzelry.

Date: November 1
Time: 7 Bells in the Evening
Formal dress preferred

“DERSCHA!”

Kezrin stormed into Derscha’s office, not even bothering to knock. The bossgnome was busy laying on the floor and doodling on some paperwork. She looked up with an innocent, “Yes?”

Kezrin waved a paper in the air. “What’s this all about? I ain’t givin’ any speech!”

Derscha stared at her blankly. “Of course you are. You volunteered for it a month ago.”

“I ain’t ever did any such thing!”

“Hmm-mm, yes you did.” She matter of factly sat up in a seated position and rummaged absently through some papers. “Don’t you remember? It was the day I told you Landon Furrows lost his voice. You said-”

The gnome paused to scrunch up her face to try and mimic the goblin’s accent. “ ‘Landon quiet for a day? Yeah, and I’m giving the Armistice Speech.’ ”

“That was a joke!”

“Really?” Derscha frowned in consternation. “And here I’ve already sent out announcements and everything. I thought it was a good idea.”

“Well, I don’t.”

“Are you sure?” Derscha hmmed at her. “Ten minutes of public speaking, and you’ll earn a nice bonus.”

“That’s… that’s not fair!”

“Plus,” the bossgnome added more seriously, “I thought you’d like an opportunity to prove you’re not the shy goblin I once knew. Haven’t you been trying to be more assertive?”

“Sorta…”

“Well, then, it’s settled. You’re giving the speech. I expect to see a first draft soon.” She grinned brightly. “I know you’ve had lessons in public speaking.”

“Yeah, though I wasn’t hoping I’d ever hafta use them,” Kezrin sighed in resignation.

Derscha stood and started to shoo her out the door. “Well, then, get to writing. And don’t forget to find something nice to wear. Bill it to the company account, of course.” A piece of paper somehow made its way into Kezrin’s hand as she crossed the office threshold.

“What’s wrong with my uniform?” she tried to protest, but the door had already been shut. She looked down crumpled paper in her hand, a blank bill of credit to the AAMS’ account.

Somehow she didn’t feel getting talked into giving a speech was a step forward at being more assertive.
Edited by Derscha on 10/19/2015 6:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
OOC Information:

The Armistice Day Ball is one of Cenarion Circle's long standing traditions, and a signature event for the AAMS that honors the way both Horde and Alliance cooperated at the Battle of Mt Hyjal. It is a cross-faction event that everyone can attend. We're holding it a bit later this year due to scheduling conflicts within the guild.

It's hard to believe this is our 10th year! I'll be updating this thread once we have our location finalized; we've a few promising spots we're considering at the moment but I wanted to make sure we stake our claim to the day (which I know is also the Day of the Dead)

We hope to see a good crowd this year :D
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
I wish to point out a potential complication: November 1 is when the people who live on Daylight Savings have to turn the clocks back. D'ye think people will be able to adjust their brains enough to be on time? :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/05/2015 10:46 AMPosted by Valmy
I wish to point out a potential complication: November 1 is when the people who live on Daylight Savings have to turn the clocks back. D'ye think people will be able to adjust their brains enough to be on time? :D

our phones and clocks and computers do that for us!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
10/05/2015 12:16 PMPosted by Kordrion
10/05/2015 10:46 AMPosted by Valmy

our phones and clocks and computers do that for us!

For some reason wen I read this, I thought of phones and clocks in computers physically reaching inside our heads and adjusting our brains...

Anyway, I'm really excited to finally be able to go to this! ^^
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
*weeps as he will be working*
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
((It's up on our guild calendar. Can't say if Clotmonster will be in attendance though considering she's always in the mood for a fight. Wish you the best of luck with it!))
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Update:

This year's location is Mar'at, Uldum, a little town square a short flight across the water south west of Ramkahen. (Cords: 49,30) Only a short hop away from the Caverns of Time, where you can relive the epic Battle of Mt. Hyjal.

The Cataclysm portals in Stormwind and Orgrimmar will take you directly to Ramkahen, or you can take the flightpath there. Or simply fly in if you haven't done the opening quests.

If you need assistance reaching the destination, please speak with an AAMS member before the start of the event.

And if you happen to be a warlock attending the ball and would like a nice tip for helping out.... >>
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I remembered to update the ccsoe.org page with the information today. I changed the header to a picture of the dock at Mar'at.

http://ccsoe.org/events-calendar/viewevent/70-10th-annual-armistice-day-ball
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Tomorrow!

Be sure to double check your clock :D
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Today!

If you're looking for the place:

Coords: 49, 38

If you fly or port to Ramkahen, it's the market square attached to the docks just across the river to the south west.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
((Radio Free Gnomeregan will be playing music during the ball. The feed will be at http://radio.topshell.net:8000 -- open it either in your browser or your favorite media player. The music will be classical for the early part, then I'll transition into some RnB/Funk/pop as the evening progresses.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
((Oh, nice! Thanks :D ))
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
((Great touch with the cranes, super neat. Now it's time to party!

Ba de ya, say do you remember,
Ba de ya, dancing in September?
Ba de ya, never was a cloudy day!))
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
To say she was upset was an understatement. "Let's see how peaceful they are." Those were her last words to Trenetir Moradinel as she took up arms and walked back to the Ball. She wanted blood - if it was hers, fine, if it was another's, that was okay too. But peace was impossible.

She went back and stood beside two night elves dressed for war, not a ball. Trenetir followed. She watched as he kissed his new lover. She wanted nothing more than to murder him - not Trenetir, but the new one - what was his name? Adaross? Andorossa? Who knows, who cares. She remembered his face, his hair. He was part of AAMS. Yes. Didn't Trenetir always fall for the AAMS? She watched as Trenetir drag him off, out of the area. She let a snarl out at the pair, her blood boiling.

Her gaze took her back to the ball occupants. She watched a human warlock dressed in his absolute best garb wander around the area. Another human in silver leather. A gnome in a white and blue dress. All these faces she watched, she remembered, any of these would do. They came towards her, only to wander away. With each moment she became more and more upset. She walked, she paced. So many conversations around her, yet none could catch her attention. Why didn't someone just stab her?!?! This ball was a farce - it had always been. It was a power charade. Look, look at me. I'm willing to stand here for peace. But tomorrow I will burn your families huts to the ground and kill any who try to survive.

She snarled again, lost in her own thoughts. How could she have been so stupid too allow Trenetir to make her his plaything. She promised after Jean this wouldn't happen again. And yet, again it did. She turned on her heel, she felt it, something in the shadow. The claws dug into her back before she could move and she left out a curse, swinging her blade around but the druid was too quick and moved to the side. The druid let out a snarl and his claw dug into her thigh, ripping her leather and skin open. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the warlock watching, she hoped he would join in and then more claws. She barely fought back, once more trying to swing her dagger at the druid's neck but her will to fight seemed to disappear with the familiarity of the physical pain. In a flash the druid ripped the leather on her right arm, two claw marks dragging down her arm, blood immediately appearing, sliding down her arm. Reagan snarled and turned around and it made her face Trenetir. They were talking, Trenetir seemed lost and wasn't paying any attention. Reagan let out a yell and disappeared into the shadow - using all her strength to escape from the druid's attack. She moved off, waiting, waiting for the druid to attack, to follow the blood trail. But he didn't. He left her. Relief washed her.

A soft whistle escaped her lips. A twilight drake flew down and she pulled herself up into the saddle. Still expecting the druid to finish her off - yet nothing came. She took one more glance at Trenetir and then muttered something to her drake. "Take me to Risika's." Her sister would take care of her, she knew. The drake rose into the air with a strong flap of the wings. The ground grew far, the occupants of the ball became ants and Reagan felt a small victory.

Peace is never obtainable.

And then the world went black.....

(( I want to apologize about what happened tonight as it was never my intention to spill blood at the Ball. Trenetir is to blame for everything. You can direct all hatred to him. :-P <3 Tren ))
Edited by Reagan on 11/1/2015 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
((Transcript of the speech... in the original goblin accent -.^ ))

So…. hi. Thanks fer comin’.

So the AAMS hosts this every year in commemoration of the Battle of My. Hyjal.

Not jus’ ta remember those who died, but ta’ remind people of how it was a time when people who had a history o’ conflict and hatin’ each other were able ta work together.

Ya know, the Horde and Alliance didn’t ‘xactly have a good relationship with each other, then… not that they do now, either, really. Offenses had been committed on both sides.

But we jus’ wanna remind people that there are times when ya gotta think more ‘bout how ta make the world a better place.

Not askin’ folks ta forget their grievances, but maybe jus’ set ‘em aside now and then for the greater good. A truce... armistice… whatever ya wanna call it.

If the heroes of Mt. Hyjal had been stubborn in fightin’ with each other instead of joinin’ forces against the Legion, we might not all be here today.

So considering what today is, as as a token of armistice, we’re askin’ all of ya to help honor those who came before us, together.

Each of ya should’ve gotten a paper crane. Write down on the wings the name of someone, or something, ya’d like to honor today.

When everyone’s ready, we’ll let ‘em fly and rise above all our troubles here on the ground.
Reply Quote
68 Gnome Warlock
Loris was pleased and pleased with herself.
It had been a wonderful evening:
the cranes were a very sentimental touch,
the DJ & music were pleasant and unexpected (as rumor had told her that the Ball was sans music, sans dancing, but apparently not so this year),
& she had met many new and important people.

In fact, she had surprised the ditzy Lion's director by setting up refreshments for this Tuesday's rehearsal: quite a coup. That other sponsor, Lord House, well, maybe not the BEST public example of a sponsor, at least not THIS night ... although . . . one must give him some leeway. Artists, you know. Maybe he was not so bad a reflection on the company after all.

After readjusting her attitude towards her cosponsor, she directed her secretary mechcat, Voltuk, to send a thank you note to the AAMS home office and to be sure to mention:
what a wonderful time Loris had (a reflection of the pleasure all the guests surely felt),
that the refreshments as well as the music were exceptional
& that the paper birds were beautiful & poignant.
She further directed Voltuk to send a token bouquet of flowers, whatever was seasonal, as both a thank you and a congratulations on a wildly successful event.

She then directed Voltuk to send a 2nd bouquet to Izby as a thank you for fine company, her recommendation for catering, and her mystical snowballs. That last one . . . .hmm. Loris wondered what Izby was about.
Edited by Lorisela on 11/1/2015 10:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
((Anyone want to share what they wrote on their crane? I was only able to read a couple during the event itself! And none on Alliance side!))
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]