Blizzcon 2015 - Meetup Added for CC!

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well it's that time of year again!

Please post below should you want to be listed as a congoer. Any questions about the Con you can ask here as well. I have been going since 08 and pretty much know my way around Anaheim inside and out. :-)

If you have multiple toons people may know you on, you can list them all. If you want a twitter or twitch feed listed, post that as well. If you have any tickets for sale, or are looking for tickets, you can also post and I'll update list.

List of Con-Goers:
Araceli [H-Salvation] / Reagan [H] / Armaya [H-Modas il Toralar] / Vandrilya [A-Conclave] - Twitter: @Shad0wembrace
Nanfeng [A-Conclave]
Abominus [H]
Leafeon/Vaporeon [A-The Dragon Stalkers]
Draggonoth [A-The Dragon Stalkers]
Primetwo [H-SAlvation]
Wdeath [H-Salvation]
Senjul [H-Salvation]
Tanksta [H-Salvation]
Mingoshanoba [H-Ishnu Por Ah]

Selling Tickets:

Need Tickets:
Kassydii / Aisyn [Alliance]
Vincentwolfe [Horde]
Calent [Alliance]

We do not condone scalpers, if you are going to sell tickets it must be at asking price.

ABOUT ANAHEIM:

Airports
    John Wayne - Orange County - SNA [SNA is smaller, and closer, and I usually always fly into SNA.]
    Los Angeles International - LAX

Transport from and to airports, shuttles cost about $10-$20 and will take you directly to your hotel. Taxis are about $50-$80 depending on traffic and where you're coming from/going.

Hotels
    Anaheim Marriott Hotel
    Hilton Anaheim
    [These two are going to be where all the "parties" happen. Most people choose these hotels to stay in simply because of location and the fun.]

Others:
    The Anabella Hotel [Be warned, I have heard extremely bad things about this hotel since last year.]
    Clarion Hotel [Really close, not expensive, and I've heard good and bad things. I went in there last year to a friend's room, 2 bedroom hotel, really small.]
    Sheraton Park Hotel [Saw really good things from the rooms at this place when I went here.]
    Cortona Inn
    Hyatt Place at Anaheim
    Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
    Anaheim Portofino Inn & Suites
    Springhill Suites Anaheim REsort Area [I believe this hotel is brand new.]
    Red Lion Hotel
    Double Tree Suites Anaheim Resort
    Best Western Raffles Inn
    Travelodge Anaheim International Inn

These are going to be your main hotels you want to look at. Anything not listed, feel free to ask about. I listed any of the hotels between KAtella and Orangewood; as I really wouldn't recommend walking any further than that. Not that the areas are bad, just that you're going to find less and less BC people further away.

Food
    Food Trucks - There are going to be food trucks right outside the Con center in between the Marriott and Hilton. They are amazing. The Viking Truck is going to be the best one. They usually are WoW/Blizzard fans too, and have Horde/Alliance flags, and Blizzard themed food choices

Hilton Hotel: The Hilton Hotel has a small food court. They have subs, sandwiches, Italian, Pizza, and Salads I believe and are open until 10PM. [http://www.hiltonanaheimhotel.com/dining/hilton-anaheim-food-court]

Marriott Hotel: They have a Pizza Hut whose hours vary.

Starbucks: There are Starbucks at both the Marriott and the Hilton. The Marriott line is generally way shorter then the Hilton.

Other Food Choices:
    Morton's SteakHouse - Pricey
    Ruth Chris' Steak House - Pricey
    IHOP - Check the BC Forums, there's usually a IHOP raid at one point or another.
    Denny's - Check the BC Forums, there's usually a Breakfast at Denny's raid at one point or another.
    Bubba Gump Shrimp Co
    The Cheesecake Factory
    Fire & Ice Grill and Bar - Mongolian Style BBQ
    Johnny Rockets
    ESPN Zone - Downtown Disney
    Rainforest Cafe - Downtown Disney
    House of Blues - Downtown Disney
    Downtown Disney - Has a few other places as well that are smaller that I have not listed. [https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/downtown-disney/]

Non Blizzcon Things To Do
    Disneyland is the obvious. They generally do BC ticket prices but I haven't seen them announced yet.
    Medieval Times - 8 miles away, will need taxi.
    Pirates Dinner Adventure - 8 miles away, will need taxi.
    Knott's Berry Farm - 8 Miles Away, will need taxi.

Parties
    This list will be updated as time goes on and I learn about all the parties/they are posted.

Wednesday Night: Bonfire at Huntington Beach Sunset-9:30PM
    Thursday Night: Con Before the Storm @ Hilton 4th Floor and WoWhead party on the Hilton Pool Deck
    Friday Night:
    Saturday Night: "Unofficial After Party" @ Hilton Lobby
    Visit howiblizzcon.com for more info!

Cenarion Circle Meet Up

We are meeting at 3:30PM on Friday at the Ice Throne Lich King Statue. If they don't have that statue this year, then we will meet at the Kerrigan statue. if they don't have that one either, then keep an eye here for the updated spot or, follow me on twitter @Shad0wembrace.
Edited by Araceli on 10/19/2015 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I joined the bumrush of people buying tickets today, and after 20 minutes of being in line, was still not able to get a ticket. I've still got the week blocked out on my vacation schedule at work, however, and will be trying again on Saturday. I'm really hoping to go this year.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/15/2015 10:21 PMPosted by Calent
I joined the bumrush of people buying tickets today, and after 20 minutes of being in line, was still not able to get a ticket. I've still got the week blocked out on my vacation schedule at work, however, and will be trying again on Saturday. I'm really hoping to go this year.

Sadly Eventbrite is a terrible ticket purchasing service. A lot of people (myself included), got kicked out of the waiting room several times despite being told that we would stick around in the waiting room.

"Eventbrite has made some updates to their waiting room that should help make the experience smoother for BlizzCon hopefuls. This year, people in the waiting room will no longer be sent back to the event page if their turn comes up but the number of tickets they requested is not available. Instead, they’ll remain in the waiting room and retain their position in line until another order for the quantity of tickets they requested is released back for sale"

I am really hoping Blizzard will release a personal statement today and state that things have been fixed and will work properly on Saturday.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Update! Blizzard did release a statement, you can read it here:

Hey everyone,

We’ve heard feedback from some people trying to get BlizzCon tickets Wednesday that the Eventbrite waiting room system wasn’t working as expected for everyone. We’ve been discussing the issue with Eventbrite, and they provided the following update:

The waiting room was not working as intended for some people during Wednesday’s BlizzCon ticket sale. We’ve been actively working to address the issue, and we have implemented some updates that we believe will resolve things for Saturday’s sale. We’ll be keeping a close eye on how the waiting room is functioning during the next sale, and we apologize to anyone who was inconvenienced on Wednesday. – Eventbrite

URL: http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/forum/topic/17084928500#1
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
The husband and I are going! Just got our tickets today. <3

We are ally side! I'm Leafeon/Vaporeon and he's Draggonoth.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
We will be there, yesss...

AAAIIIEEE!!!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Could you add me to the list of people needing a ticket, please?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Done Calent!

I am attempting to wrangle non-server friends of mine to sell tickets to server buddies. Will let people know if I'm able to get any tickets!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Lebump!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
You got some people from Salvation going Araceli lol. Primetwo, Wdeath, Senjul, and myself the Tanksta!!!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
plus half our guild is from California. I think we might have some come just to say whats up!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
We can ssshave you in perssson, yesss?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ujpdated it, thanks Tank! I knew some of us were going but wasn't sure who all was included.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Bump!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Lebump!@
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Are we doing a CC meetup?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
We are going to be doing one, yes. But people won't say what days are best for them. I'm there from Wed-Tuesday.

Going to create a Gmail poll right now and I'll link it when I'm done so people can give me their ideas.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Here we go! Please answer the questions IF and ONLY IF you will be in Anaheim for the Convention.

http://goo.gl/forms/yhDty0JADs
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I didn't manage to snag a ticket to the con, but I live just south of Anaheim. I'd be willing to meet up outside the con! Plus, if we met up somewhere at Downtown Disney, I have a passholder discount on food I could share.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]