RP Guild Recruit Macro Archive (09/14/12)

90 Human Death Knight
(( Greetings and salutations, fellow denizens of Cenarion Circle. As many of you are aware, many in the RP community have expressed a desire to reinstate the usage of what I lovingly refer to as the "Guild Macro of DOOOOOOOM".

I have been coordinating an effort to collect brief recruitment blurbs from our active RP guilds (see http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592644068 for more info) and have been asked by some to share the resultant macros with others, so that the DOOOOOOOM-iness may be shared with newcomers when I am not logged in. Hence, this thread.

You will find here an archive of the macros I use, a quick rundown on the "how to" of making your own macros (Ror this specfic purpose, mind you. I do not claim to be an expert in the field of actually useful, game mechanic related macros.) so that you may use them as well, and a place to discuss the evolution and implementation of this practice.

I certainly hope you enjoy my humble offerings herein.))
Edited by Verogoth on 9/14/2012 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Alliance Guilds

• AAMS Alliance Branch

• /6 The <AAMS> is two cross-faction guilds functioning as one neutral company. They are dedicated to peaceful interactions between the Alliance and Horde. They also provide delivery, translation, and other economic services.

• Azeroth College

• /6 <Azeroth College> is now recruiting students. We are a moderate RP and leveling guild that focuses on teaching and learning how to RP. We accept all levels and classes, and hope you graduate with flying colors! Whisper any member for an invite.

• Azure Crusade

• /6 The <Azure Crusade> is formed to fight the evil that the Argent Crusade will not: that of the Forsaken, and the Horde that shelters them. If you believe that fighting the good fight means not closing a blind eye to any evil, then seek us out. We also honor the work of artisans and civilians.

• Conclave

• /6 <Conclave> is searching for answers in these tumultuous times. If you are on a quest of enlightenment, searching for guidance in these dark times, or one who defends the pursuit of truth and knowledge Conclave may be for you.

• The Ebon Sanction

• /6 <The Ebon Sanction> is an Alliance branch of the Knights of the Ebon Blade, accepting members of all classes, moralities and pursuits who are interested in splitting their loyalties between the Ebon Hold and the Alliance . Walk in the sacred shadow of Acherus! Contact Ragefang for more info.

• Esoteric Darkshire Cabal

• /6 The <Esoteric Darkshire Cabal> are a close-knit group of people who harbour knowledge of things unseen by most. Our guild members are helpful, social, respectful & friendly, and somewhat insane. Our "home" rests at the Scarlet Raven Tavern in Darkshire, which we strive to protect, along with the citizens of Duskwood.

• Feathers of Iron

• /6 <Feathers of Iron>: Owners of the Tavern in Booty Bay and mercenary band of dubious sanity but unquestionable taste and skill. Contact Liabelle, Mariiku or Cup for details.

• Gambit

• /6 <Gambit> is a group of like-minded folks that have decided the Faction War has gone on long enough and are ready to use any and all means available to put a stop to it. Contact Tyrynna or Belpha with any questions.

• Heart of the Naarul

• /6 <Heart of the Naaru> is a draenei-led, race-inclusive guild that serves to aid and heal the Alliance and prepare for the day Velen calls the Army of Light as foretold in prophecy. We're laid-back & fun OOCly. Contact Mira or Alniyat.

• House Savelli

• /6 <House Savelli> is a heavy RP guild representative of a family of human nobles and the men and women loyal to them. We are quite new and are currently seeking reliable "core" members to help the guild grow.

• Lluchduu Ocheliad

• /6 <Lluchduu Ocheliad> - They're your outlaws, your villains who are loyal to their leader, Imperon Showdah. Imperon is who you want to talk to.

• Manus Ignota

• /6 <Manus Ignota> is an eclectic guild that pursues all facets of WoW. Members are diverse but share simple goals: protecting one another’s welfare, and the reputation of the guild. If you seek respect and are of a truly noble heart & mind, MI may be for you.

• Mihari no Hitoshii

• /6 <Mihari no Hitoshii>, The Guards of Balance. There is no Good, no Evil. There is only Chaos and Order, and the world needs both. ((A new RP guild for those not wanting to be constrained by traditional moral labels. Contact Calium for info or to join.))

• Nukenson Trade Enterprise

• /6 <The NTE> (A.K.A. Nukenson Trade Enterprise) is a small merchant guild who owe thier allegance to thier profit margins first, and the Alliance second. Heavy RP focus with recriational dungeons and PvP in the off time.

• Phlogiston Brotherhood

• /6 The <Phlogiston Brotherhood> is a neutral Alliance guild founded in the rough reaches of Northrend. This guild was founded for those who identify more to their crafts and the art of philosophy than most other affiliations.

• Pia Presidium

• /6 <Pia Presidium> is a militaristic and heavy community support order similar to the Templar Knights. Though bound to a strict code of honor, the order believes in having fun while adventuring in dungeons and on the battlefield.
    Edited by Verogoth on 9/21/2012 1:04 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    Alliance Guilds cont.

• Rules of Acquisition

• /6 <Rules of Acquisition> is a light RP guild based on trade and in-game economics. We also look forward to (as we grow) raiding, etc. After all, you can't sell a treasure you haven't gotten yet.

• Shádow Knights

• /6 <Shádow Knights> is a level 25 guild looking to add to our ranks. We raid, pvp, rp, quest and have fun together! We raid Firelands (2/7) Thursdays and Fridays from 9 pm -12 am server. PST Larabeth or any member for an invite

• Shiftingsands Trading Co

• /6 <ShiftingSands Trading Co> is a mid-heavy rp guild that is still small and laid back. SS is open to experienced and new rpers, with focus on offering lessons and advice to newcomers in the more adavanced aspects of rp.

• Stormwind City Watch

• /6 <Stormwind City Watch> Is a heavy RP guild looking for new applicants to join our ranks. We serve as Stormwinds Police / Guard force and we act as the figures of authority within the RP community. Please send a message to Orwyn or Laman for more info.

• Tales of Eirnin

• /6 <Tales of Eirnin> believe in fostering a welcoming family environment with adults who know how to relax and enjoy the game. Mutual respect and tolerance are a must... and of course a healthy appreciation for the Awesome That Is Eirnin.

• Terra Incognita

• /6 <Terra Incognita> is a military order allied to the Argent Dawn and the Church of Holy Light. Secretive and special ops oriented, it has a penchant for picking up ne'er-do-wells and other shady characters seeking to drive out the evils of Azeroth.

• Valhöll

• /6 <Valhöll> Worshipers and devout servants of the Titan Lords. We serve the will of these, who brought order and structure to this world. Valholl symbolizes unity. Contact Caileanmor or Ravenblack for more info.
    Edited by Verogoth on 9/21/2012 1:05 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    Horde Guilds

• AAMS

• /6 The <AAMS> is two cross-faction guilds functioning as one neutral company. They are dedicated to peaceful interactions between the Alliance and Horde. They also provide delivery, translation, and other economic services.

• Kablooey Incorporated

• /6 Kablooey Inc. is a medium/heavy RP guild looking to hire some new blood. We are an own-all do-all company based around becoming a large economical conglomerate. While some of our methods may not be...up to par with the grunts we are an.."honest" guild.

• Modas il Toralar

• /6 <Modas il Toralar> is seeking ethically flexible types who seek to assist in gaining power in various ways, be it magical, economic, political, militaristic, or by other means. Cut-throats, dark sorcerers, cultists, and more are welcome among our group.

• Scorched Earth

• /6 <Scorched Earth> is looking for misfits, cranks, thieves, ne'er-do-wells, necromancers, unreformed apothecaries, budding serial killers, and those who generally like chaos and evil. Special bonus points if you are interested in the Void.
    Edited by Verogoth on 9/14/2012 7:21 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    Horde Guilds cont.

Coming soon!
    Edited by Verogoth on 12/6/2011 11:16 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    reserved
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    The "Why" and "How" of these macros:

Here you will find a brief explanation of why these macros are laid out the way they are and how to implement them successfully.

• The why:
  • Many of you will notice that each of the macros begins with "/6". The reason for this is simple. Macros can contain, at most, 255 characters. That's not a lot of real estate for a guild ad, right? Additionally, if you are in a dungeon or a BG and are popping the macro during a lull, you don't really want it showing up in /party or /bg chat, right? Takes too long to explain away the mistell at that point.

Hence, /6. Technically, you'd want it to say either /AllianceOOC or /HordeOOC, but those take up quite a few characters on their own. I, personally, have set the global OOC channels to channel number 6 on every one of my characters. Makes it less likely that I will post something in the wrong channel (which I have done, much to my chagrin, I admit) and keeps things nice and consistent. I'm not saying that your OOC channels must also be assigned to chat channel number 6, but you'll want to change that number to the corresponding channel number for your particular set-up.

You may also notice that most of these blurbs do not contain "contact information". This is intentional. The purpose of these macros is not to do the recruiting for the guilds listed, but to inform "new-to-CC" roleplayers of some of the available options for RP guilds.

• The how:
  • I have set each of the guilds as their own, seperate macro, but titled all of them similarly. I use "gMac (first 4 letters of guild name)" to title each. For example, the macro for <AAMS> is titled "gMac AAMS" and the macro for <Pia Presidium> is titled "gmac PiaP". I also suggest that you use the same icon for each of the macros, but an icon that you don't use for any of your other macros. This makes it easier to quickly identify them in your macro menu.

Now that all the macros are written and organized, it's relatively simple to drop the DOOOOOOMiness into the OOC channel.

• 1: Simply open your macro menu (by typing "/macro" into your chat window)
  • 2: Drag the first listed macro into an empty action bar slot
  • 3: Click the icon, and "PRESTO!", the macro pops up into the OOC channel
  • 4: Drag the next macro on top of the macro you just activated
  • 5: Click elsewhere on the screen to get rid of the first macro
  • 6: Wait a few seconds (time for the interested party to read what you just posted)
  • 7: Click the newly placed macro icon for the next guild
  • 8: Repeat steps 4 through 8 until all guilds' macros have been posted
  • Edited by Verogoth on 12/6/2011 11:52 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    reserved
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Death Knight
    ShiftingSands Trading Co is a mid-heavy rp guild that is still small and laid back. SS is open to experienced and new rpers, with focus on offering lessons and advice to newcomers in the more adavanced aspects of rp. Mercenary/crafting work is our basis of operation.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    Complete as of now, so feel free to begin spreading the DOOOOOOOM!
    Reply Quote
    85 Goblin Shaman
    Updated to include all guilds currently listed on the submissions thread, found here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592644068
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Death Knight
    To replace the entry on The Reclamation:

/6 <The Ebon Sanction> is a full-time RP-PvP guild dedicated to making war on a Horde who supports Sylvanas Windrunner and Garrosh Hellscream's atrocities. Weekly RP-PvP events, Raid Finder runs and Dungeon Finder runs. Guild chat all IC, separate OOC channel. Contact Ragefang.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    rage i think galahn has the current one vero is still missing i believe
    Reply Quote
    Yes, it is true. however, please post to here to keep the other one clean. The OP on this thread doesn't need to be edited, so Verogoth can still help me keep on top of things, in a way.
    Reply Quote
    66 Draenei Shaman
    Not sure if this is okay buuuut, here's my current Ad. Hope it works? Clean it up if you need. :)

/6 Mihari no Hitoshii, The Guards of Balance. There is no Good, no Evil. There is only Chaos and Order, and the world needs both. ((A new RP guild for those not wanting to be constrained by traditional moral labels. Contact Calium for info or to join.))
    Reply Quote
    100 Draenei Shaman
    <Heart of the Naaru> is a draenei-led, race-inclusive guild that serves to aid and heal the Alliance and prepare for the day Velen calls the Army of Light as foretold in prophecy. We're laid-back & fun OOCly. Contact Mira or Alniyat.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Paladin
    Verogoth is out of game and unable to update this unfortunately x.x And updating it sorely needs!
    Reply Quote
    However, since this thread is not directly linked to his version of the Macro, I felt that not only could I use it as he did, but that it would be a good way to show that I am not the only one who's done this.

I miss you, Verogoth!

EDIT: I meant uh...you know what I mean. I use this thread too.
    Edited by Galahn on 8/7/2012 5:12 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    <Shádow Knights> is a level 25 guild looking to add to our ranks. We raid, pvp, rp, quest and have fun together! We raid Firelands (2/7) Thursdays and Fridays from 9 pm -12 am server.
    PST Larabeth or any member for an invite
    Edited by Linds on 8/15/2012 11:58 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    Have I mention I re-subbed? I'll be updating shortly.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]