All gnome guild?

100 Gnome Priest

*Looks over at Cail. /clears throat
"Why don't you just "Leap of Faith" her? If nothing else, it would be entertaining to watch!"

Cail's fuzzy mustache curls up into a smile at the idea. He pulls out his little book and begins flipping through its pages.

"Now lets see. I have something like that on one of these pages..."

As he looses himself in his little book of research, he absently pulls a small remote with a single red button out of his pouch and presses it. The sound of tiny whirling gears approaches in the distance. Little metal feet skitter on cobble stone as a small yet highly customized Mechanical Squirrel scrambles up behind Cail. It's large eyes glowing a soft blue.

Cail nods and mumbles down to it through his ample beard. "Sims...*mumble*...protocol 3, precaution."

The small machination looked up to Cail, then affixed its gaze on the Tall One holding Sizzy.

It's large blue eyes shift to red.

((I like where this is going :) I'll hesitate adding my input until I can read more from you two :D))
Reply Quote
38 Gnome Priest
((Guild names are limited to 32 characters right. I think we can come up with something Gnomey to fit in that limit. <Gnomer City Planning> or <Gnome Station> or <The Gnomish District> or <Clockwork City> or <SquirrelWerks> or <The Gnomish Outpost>... whatever. It's pretty open ended. I despair leaving SW a smidge because of CRZ and low level gnomes ease of access. I say we use the other areas for events as much as possible though. I do like that idea though.

The Extraordinary Fantastical Impossible Invention Exhibition Gala Event could use a little more planning too, if anyone has ideas for that.))
Reply Quote
79 Gnome Mage
I personally dread long guild names hovering over peoples heads, erego the acronyms.

Also, my initial thoughts of the "township" being based right at the gates of Gnomeregan was for the sake of the lower levels.

I'm not of the mind set of being in Stormwind, and it being our base of operations for retaking and building our beloved Gnomeregan and it's community. I just think that's too far away.
CRZ or not, it makes no real sence. Notice that except for the Deep run tram, and a few npcs, there is no sign of Gnomes even being welcome there. We were after thoughts.

It would make more sence to use Ironforge, yet even that is now a stretch.

If we aren't going to use New Tinkertown, there must be something a little more "gnomey" we can use. Not to mention that low level characters are not low level for very long these days.

*taps a finger on his temple "Think Micro, think...must be some where..."

*Notices the little mecho-rodent and watches as it skitters up the draenies' body to perch on top of Sizys' head. He raises an eyebrow, which in turn tilts the hat on his head.

"Are you sure that's going to..." He is cut off as the tall woman seems interested in the little critter.
Reply Quote
79 Gnome Mage
Just spent the last 1/2 hour reading this:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Gnomes

There is a lot of speculation in that article, but a lot of info as well for those that want to know more about Gnome history, and the ways of Gnomes.

I found it interesting that, though we as a race are techologicly inclined, and to say the least, obsessed, we are infact arcane in nature as well. (Though, through all my readings of fantasy fiction, I always personally believed this) I'm going to assume (I know, I know...) that the arcane nature comes directly from "The Curse of Flesh". As before that, we were mechanical.

I find it odd that so much ret-con has happened to our own personal lore through out the history of Warcraft...

I also found it odd that there was mention of it taking longer to draw up plans than actually getting the work done, and that the implication was there that most Gnomes have a pile of papers and plans on their work stations...I find it odd because I'm sitting here at my desk and the mess and piles of papers filled with ideas, and I'm laughing at myself...
Reply Quote
38 Gnome Priest
((It is the Blizzard endorsed version of things so I buy it a bit more as a result. Speculation or not. You can find a lot of that information in all of the Blizzard materials out there which makes figuring out canon a bit difficult, but otherwise.

I guess I'm the exact opposite of you. I turn off guild tags so I don't see them and then prefer seeing the long version on my tool tip. They're more informative that way and provide more insight if you want to pretend recognizing the tabard if someone wears it. That's a playing preference. Besides proud gnomeness must declare their gnomeness!

Lore-wise, I looked at it as you wanted to set up an outpost or town to be the new Gnomeregan like Toshley's or the Barge. I figured being too near the existing Gnomeregan would be a painful reminder of the events that transpired and wanting to be removed from it to set up their own city makes more and more sense.

Gnomes are an after thought to the game, but their numbers have grown in Stormwind in the Dwarven District over the years of the game so there is a case to be made there. Plus Elwynn Forest is a lot like other Gnome & Dwarven starting zones. So really those ideas make sense in a similar manner.

If though the goal is to retake and rebuild Gnomeregan then it's a good thing we changed those titles because Mekkatorque is Mayor and King there. It being the capital and all. But by that same token <Rebuilding Gnomeregan> is a committee of Gnomes. Or <Gnomeregan Construction Co>. Or <Gnomeregan Develeopment Committee>. Or <Trogg Slayers for Gnomeregan>. Or <Taming the Gnomeregan>. Or... and so on and so on and so on.

I guess my point or question is, which general storyline do you want? Building a new city or rebuilding Gnomeregan? It changes a lot of things and justifying it from an RP standpoint is fairly easy even if it's something crazy like <Supporters for Thermaplugg>. ))
Edited by Sizy on 3/2/2013 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
38 Gnome Priest
Sizy resigned herself to being stuck on the Draenei woman's head for awhile while she toyed around with her squirrel Nutbolt. Fumbling with her pockets, Sizy pulled out a large white sheet of schematic paper decorated in scribbles, notes, and blue ink calculations. Then leaning over a horn she looked down at the turtles she'd been modifying with harnesses to hold fireworks and turbo booster rockets. She plucked a blue pencil from behind her ear and started drawing changes right on the back of the Draenei's head and giggled as her cogs turned. This would be a brilliant improvement.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
((This sounds so fun and exciting! Please let me know if I can be of any help :) ))
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Cail glances over to Microlux and shrugs, flipping through the pages of his little book. "I knew for certain I had notes on this "Faithful Leap" or "Leaping Faith" spell you spoke of...but for the life of me..."

The little machine at his feet beeped. Cail glanced up to see Sizzy sitting on the draenei woman's head. Cail adjusts his goggles. "Looks like she's in the clear. Sims, discharge when ready!"
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
((awww Sims <3))
((I am in the process of moving over my dk for gnome transformation for gnome guild shenanigans :D ))
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Death Knight
Biffit Dazzledeath, ready.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Two things:

1) Zlatta started something like this about three weeks ago, called <Cog of Genius>, but she hasn't been online in a week and last I heard decided to move to WrA anyway. It wasn't gnome-exclusive, instead focused on engineering and magic, but (and I say this as someone who donated an alt to the guild) it ran into the alt problem.

2) This brings up a structural problem on Cenarion Circle that I've been seeing for a while and dealing with as the GM of a month-old guild: Cenarion Circle just doesn't have that many RPers. My own personal best estimate is maybe 50 individuals who RP publically on Cenarion Circle, Alliance side. You can argue about the exact number, but I've got a pretty solid feeling that it's on that order, and certainly not more than 100. Not characters, individuals. Players. A lot of the problems with getting only alts to sign up for new guilds comes from the fact that CC's RP community is already a relatively small group of people. Sure, we like to support each other, but there's only so many hours in a day and you can only really be playing one character at a time (with a few exceptions for multiboxers).

If you're looking for this to grow beyond just the... four? Five? of you, I suggest looking for alternate methods of recruitment than just the realm forums, including posting on general community blogs and in the World's End Tavern. And, most importantly, offer stuff to do. People have their mains in a guild because that guild offers stuff to do besides RP. If you're looking to have an RP-only (or even RP-most-of-the-time) guild, you're looking for that rare breed that spends most of their time RPing. In an already small community, I can think of... one person who really prefers that kind of gameplay, and she spends half her time on WrA already. (And prefers to play humans. >_>)

Anyway, best of luck. If you need help or advice, feel free to whisper me.
Edited by Alniyat on 3/2/2013 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
79 Gnome Mage
* The little mage sits down, lost in his own thaughts. Reaching up under his wide brimmed hat, he retreaves a small note pad, and an unusually long purple quill and pot of ink. He had enchanted the hat years ago when he realized he didn't have room enough in his pockets for everything he might need.

Flipping open the little pad, he dipped the quill in the ink and started to jot down notes in silvery ink. Mumbling under his breath as he did so,

"Hm, beautiful Gnomeregan...
"So long we've tried...
"I wonder if...
"No no, that won't...
"Maybe...no
"What if we...

He went on for a while in this way, ever so often a longing would touch his eyes. The light in them would dim, only to light up in their Gnome fashion once again moments later.

He longed to walk the corridors of his home, deep under the foothills. The radiation, now mostly controlled, but those damn pesky Troggs.

"We could...no no no...
"I suppose...
"But that would mean...
"Hmmmm...

He must figure a way to rally his fellow Gnomes. Discover their desires beyond their own inventions. But how? What could he say or do that would bring them all together?

--------------------------------------

The Guild I personally envisioned would be Gnomes uniting to either retake Gnomeregan once and for all, or build a city-state outside the Gates of Gnomeregan until the day we would once again walk it's halls freely. (From the RP point of view)
Holding different events to that cause. And becoming traveling Ambassadors to raise support, and strengthen ties with the other races of the Alliance. And in those travels, of course there must be discoveries and challenges to ones' inventiveness.

From a player interest point of view, The guild would welcome those interested in all aspects of the game. As hinted on in the first ranking names I posted. I my self love all aspects of the game, from leveling and instancing to Rp and PvP. Exploring, pet collecting, you name it, I don't think there's anything I don't really like within the game.

How far raiding, or even a core raiding group, not to mention PVP teams would eventually depend on the number of active members and who of those are interested in which aspects if they are not interested in them all.

I for one have never seen all the Raid content. Heck, I've seen very little of it, and I'd like to. Even those instances that are now considered trivial...
Reply Quote
38 Gnome Priest
(( If you can only get to 50 Alniyat, something is wrong. I can get that number from 3 guilds. Easy. Now I will grant you this is a smaller server and that is a logistical opportunity, but it is not impossible to overcome. I appreciate your input, but if you find you are struggling with your guild I feel empathy but won't find it discouraging. Sorry. Which I don't say to be mean just that your experiences don't mirror my own.

That said I'll gladly take an education on your guild & some of it's members to RP with when I meet them at the BR. I've only seen 2-3 members there during weeknights when I poke my head inside. If you see me looking in, grab me,i'l ltalk))
Edited by Sizy on 3/2/2013 11:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
((awww Sims <3))

((Yay! If his little metal cheeks could blush at being recognized they would :D))

2) This brings up a structural problem on Cenarion Circle that I've been seeing for a while and dealing with as the GM of a month-old guild: Cenarion Circle just doesn't have that many RPers. My own personal best estimate is maybe 50 individuals who RP publically on Cenarion Circle, Alliance side. You can argue about the exact number, but I've got a pretty solid feeling that it's on that order, and certainly not more than 100. Not characters, individuals. Players....

((I find it interesting that you point this out. Now, I don't mean to sound pessimistic or be a downer, but I'm going to sound pessimistic and be a downer. In my time here (however short or long its been) I've noticed much the same thing. Granted: I haven't been the most active RPer nor the most sociable, and I recognize that I certainly haven't been at this as long as most...but be that as it may, I've been watching (or lurking :P) the community since I started. I quickly came to a conclusion similar to this while researching the possibility of building my own existing guild up to join the RP ranks.))

((To be fair, I haven't been able to come up with a guild concept that I find interesting and which will also attract players :) ...which is my own fault. However I recognize that there are only so many active RPers, and these are usually tied up in their own guilds and stories and events.))

((However! And this is where I become optimistic :D. I do agree with Sizzy in that surely there are enough RPers out there that will find this interesting enough to join, if not just for the RP aspect but also for the other activities like guild runs, raids, pvp, and the like. I love the RP aspect, and will certainly join just for that, but I agree with Mircolux. These other non-RP activities will likely attract more "serious" (or rather permanent) guildies, esspecially if membership were opened up to everyone and RP wasn't a requirement. The only requirement being that you had to roll a Gnome :D))

[Edit] ((meh...its a thought anyway.))

((Anywho. Theses are just my thoughts and reactions. But I say muster our numbers my Gnomish brothers and sisters and Tinkerers all! /Charge forth diminutive army! Storm the gates of Ironforge! Occupy Stormwind Keep! Let the Tall'folk know of our coming! Let them tremble and quake before us! For TONIGHT, WE DINE IN HELL! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAaaaa.....ha...*ahem*....right.))
Edited by Caileanmor on 3/3/2013 12:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
79 Gnome Mage
*Looks up from his scribbling at Cail.

"Have you been at the jet fuel?"
Reply Quote
79 Gnome Mage
03/02/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Biffit
Biffit Dazzledeath, ready.

Please contact me in game as well, and Glad to have you on Cenarion Circle =) (again)

With help from a friend or three, I have registered the Guild name <C O G>.
I personally really like the name (acronym) and decided to go for it.
For those that would like to help flesh this guild out, and strengthen it's future endevours, I welcome you with tiny Gnome arms, and give you an open invite to contact me ingame.

I will be setting up the Rankings when I log in later today. I will also be doing the other work that comes with the starting of a guild.

I'm probably not being detailed enough at this time of night, but then I've been up since 5am...

Any and all interest is most welcome as we start this journey together. (Gnomes, that is...=P)

Gear Master Microlux
Edited by Microlux on 3/3/2013 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
*Looks up from his scribbling at Cail.

"Have you been at the jet fuel?"

Cail tucks his tiny book away and looks over at Microlux. A curious eye brow arching.

"Jet Fuel? I don't believe that I'm familiar with...."

A loud buzzing at Cail's feet interrupts him. At his feet Sims has been building up energy. It's nose glowing brightly, red eyes focused on the tall Draenei woman. Blue coils of energy arc across the machine's metal skin. A bright, and momentarily blinding, light flashes and Sims disappears. In its place a small rift in the trans-dimensional fabric of space opens, sucking Cail into it.

The rift lingers for a moment before closing.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Izby watches the rift close and smiles to herself and debating pulling together the arcane ley lines to follow the gnome. Nutbolt nibbles on her gloves and she pushes him up her sleeve onto her shoulder. Then she classes her hands together and mutters under her breath as a script in an old Draenei dialect on her gloves glows. Moisture pools in the air around her hands and slips through the cracks in the silk into her palms. She compresses her hands and squeezes them as an artisan shapes clay. Then she lifts an acorn up to the mechanical creature to nibble on.

She notices the turtles wrapped in fireworks and leather harnesses turns her head to the side to address the figure on her shoulders.

"You do this?"

Sizy swallows hard and responds yes and explains how she's trying to build things for Lerrielin. The Draenei turns, heat radiating from her skull, horns burning the gnome's hands, and leaves to track down the druid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
*sighs and adjusts his hat

Day 1: it seems the locals have grown suspicious of my disguise. Apparently my hat and mustache were not enough to distract from the fur and tail. At this juncture I have decided, in lieu of further camoflage, to simply roll over and look cute and cuddly.

Day 2: it seems my suspicions were correct, I have lost all hope of passing for a large gnome in a fur coat. Although it seems these wonderful little friends all carry hair brushes, I am not certain if I am becoming delusional or if I have trapped myself in Fur care 101.

Day 3: the rumors about gnomes being delicious may never be tested, however the storys may have grown from the heavenly cooking they invent. I am now certain that I have died and have ended up in a heaven of groomers and wonderful cooks.

Day 4: ehh, who cares.....
Edited by Broodin on 3/3/2013 9:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
79 Gnome Mage
*The little mage rolls over backwards out of the way as the tall, horned woman walks past.
He is also slightly startled to see his friend sucked away into who knows what dimmension.

*He tucks his pad, quil, and ink back into the dark reaches of his hat. Eyes the big "Rug" trying to be cute, which 'Lux smiles at, then bursts into gails of laughter at.

"I really must be going."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]